Re-energizing a Historic Landmark in Ballard
Situated on the south end of Ballard Ave, old meets new in The Kolstrand Building, an early 1900’s brick building whose major renovation was completed in 2010. Once a marine supply business, Kolstrand is now home to a number of Seattle’s most highly regarded businesses. Kolstrand’s complimentary mix of tenants adds value for each individual business and proves the success in finding balance through collective strength.
Against all odds, Kolstrand emerged during the depths of the recession, which speaks to its location and its offering of truly diverse spaces. Moreover, it was a design/build/engineering feat considering that it is comprised of five different buildings built over a span of 50 years utilizing different construction styles, from stick frame to CMU.